If you follow me here or on Facebook, you know that I love lists. This is one I did at the Romance Magicians’ blog back on August 14, 2009.
10. I hate how I have to wait months and months (I’m a slow writer) before I can find out how my own book ends.
9. I hate how I fall in love with my hero and then have to give him up. He belongs to the heroine.
8. I hate how I have to concentrate on one book at a time. I have two hands, two sides of one brain (the logical side to set the plot, the creative side to make a love scene believable). Why can’t I write two books simulaneously?
7. I hate how I can’t save children from predators and kick butt like my heroines.
6. I hate how my love life isn’t as exciting as my heroines’. Oops! Did I just type that?
5. I hate how I have to write a synopsis to sell my book. How do you say CliffsNotes?
4. I hate writing the synopsis.
3. I hate how I get a bug-eyed look from non-writers when I talk about writing.
2. I hate how I can talk about nothing but writing.
And drum roll please….
1. I hate how no one [publisher] has bought any of my books yet.
Since I wrote this, I’ve sold three books to Avon (HarperCollins) and two books to Loveswept (Random House). And I’ve self-published one novel and two novellas.
For more information about my books, click on one of the following booksellers.